Alma and Bay of Fundy Attractions
There is so much to explore and see in our little corner of the world that many of our guests wish they had planned to stay longer.
Our front desk staff are available to make your stay enjoyable. They will be happy to help you plan your stay or make arrangements for activities. We can provide information on the following:
- Hiking… We can supply hiking maps and recommend the best places to take pictures
- Sea kayaking…Enjoy the Bay from on the Bay! Leave from here for a variety of trips, from three hours on the bay, to three days
- Boating…Fun for all the family at Bennett Lake. Enjoy the sandy beach or rent a canoes or kayaks for use on the lake.
- Fishing…Go for the brook trout
- Horseback riding… 25 minutes away
- Bird watching… You might spot Cormorants, Great Blue Herons, Bald Eagles, Peregrine Falcons, Gulls and Humming Birds, etc. See the front desk for the full list
- Moose spotting….We know where they hide!
- Lobsters! Get up close and personal to a Bay of Fundy lobster in one of the area lobster pounds. Locally caught lobsters, ready for tonight’s supper!
- 30 Minute Drives … we can point the way for several “not to be missed” drives nearby. Mary’s Point, a world famous shore bird reserve is only 25 minutes away.
- Fundy Studio Tour …a relaxing tour along our country roads to visit some of our local artisans.
- Church Services… Several churches nearby.
- Regional Shopping Mall… Moncton 1:15 hours away.
- Historic St John…1:45 hours away.
- P.E.I. Confederation Bridge … 2 hours.
The entrance gate to Fundy National Park is within walking distance of the inn. The park maintains 110 km of hiking trails, approximately 40 km of mountain biking trails, both inland and coastal, as well as guided nature walks and interpretive programs during the day and evening that appeal to young and old alike.
Also within the park, you will find tennis courts, lawn bowling, the challenging Fundy National Park 9-hole golf course, a heated salt water swimming pool, lakes and rivers for swimming, boating or fishing, and a children’s playground. The park has several scenic waterfalls and beautiful coastal beach areas to explore at low tide.
The inn is only 45 minutes from the world famous flowerpot rocks at the Hopewell Rocks, the breathtaking scenery and variety of outdoor adventures at the Cape Enrage Lighthouse and the shorebirds at the Mary’s Point Bird Sanctuary.
In addition to our own Village of Alma, the nearby communities of Riverside-Albert, Hopewell Cape and Hillsborough have a diverse selection of restaurants, crafts people and artisans and adventures. Go rappelling at Cape Enrage, caving or kayaking at Hillsborough or Hopewell Cape, visit one of our museums, or take a ride on the wonderful Salem and Hillsborough heritage railway.
Learn more about the Village of Alma…
Special Area Links:
New Brunswick’s Bay of Fundy Coast – comprehensive tourism information on all there is to see and do during your visit to our area.
Brian Townsend Photography Studio – Brian is our local Bay of Fundy photographer and his work appears on our website.
Albert County Tourism Association Website – information on Albert County’s many attractions, businesses and weekly events, categorized by locale.
Fresh Air Adventure – take part in one of their part-day, full-day, or multi-day kayaking tours along the Bay of Fundy Coast.
Go Moncton – Moncton area tourism website. As the largest and closest city to the Fundy National Park area, Moncton has an international airport as well.
Riverside-Albert – historic Riverside-Albert is about 25 minutes away
Town of Sussex – the scenic dairy town of Sussex is about 45 minutes away…home of the well-known and spectacular annual Balloon Fest in September.
General Travel & Resource Links:
Atlantic Travel Centre – General Information for tourists travelling to Atlantic Canada
Canada Travel Directions Canada Tourism, Accommodations, Travel Planning Guide, and Tourist Attractions
Canada Business Directory – Canadian link exchange directory featuring real estate, travel & tourism, business & services links of all kinds.
Start Page.ca – Canada’s resource directory for travel, business, and services.
Canadian Business Directory – Canadian directory featuring travel & tourism, business & services links.
Canada Trails– online guide to bicycling, mountain biking, hiking and cross-country skiing.
TripAdvisor.ca – The web’s best source for unbiased hotel reviews and travel information
Hirners Hotels – On-line Hotel directory
Accommodations in Canada – online directory
MileByMile.com: Highway Travel Guides